This week we’re so excited to share a show-stopping Apple-Pear Cobbler recipe from Ramy Soliman, an epic Cairo-based food blogger! Ramy used to be an architect, but it’s clear that he has since evolved his career in pursuit of some sweeter dreams. What I love about his recipes is how breaks everything down into step by step processes. Watch the whole video here, follow along, and you can’t go wrong! Check his pages on Instagram, Facebook, and/or Youtube, for a library of deliciously drool-worthy recipes.
Serving Size: 8
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 45-50 minutes
Utensils: baking pan or cast-iron skillet
Order now from the Breadfast app
2 cups Breadfast all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
¼ cup sugar
zest of an orange
1 stick (8tbsp) butter, chilled
1¼ cup cream
Apple Pear Mixture
1 red apple (peeled, chopped and sliced)
2 green apple (peeled, chopped and sliced)
2 pears (peeled, chopped and sliced)
juice of 3 limes
zest of two limes
½ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
vanilla ice cream
caramel or chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl, prepare the biscuit by combining the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and orange zest.
- Shred the chilled stick of butter, then mix thoroughly with the rest of the dough until the flour mixture is crumbly and
- Gradually add the cream and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until you have finished the apple-pear mixture.
- To prepare the apple-pear mixture, combine the chopped apples, pears, lime zest, lime juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the apple mixture into a lightly buttered cast iron skillet or baking pan. Using round spoons or an ice cream scoop, top the fruit mixture with dollops of the biscuit dough. You can flatten the biscuit dough slightly if desired.
- Bake at180°C for 45-50 minutes.
- Let the cobbler chill for at least 10 minutes. Top with some chopped walnuts, your favorite sweet sauce, and a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream!