- Responsible for the management of warehousing and logistics teams along with monitoring and management of stock levels, delivery times and transportation costs.
- Coordinating and controlling of the order cycle along with monitoring quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills are needed as well as the ability to source suppliers and negotiate rates that are favourable and inline with the company’s budget and targets.
- Implement the company’s strategic plan as well as contribute to and be involved in the evaluation and analysis of the business objectives.
- Develop and execute key performance indicators such as stock turnover, packaging costs, transport costs, external warehouse costs, …
- Emphasizes safety in all aspects of the operation through direction and review.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment.
- Previous experience in import & export operations.
- Have awareness and strategic understanding of external influences such as legislation, fuel costs and environmental pressures in order to do the job to with high and efficient standard..
- Excellent communication skills are required, including both verbal and written presentational skills as well as good leadership qualities.
- Previous experience of managing people is highly desirable, including the ability to carry out personnel evaluations, set performance targets, engage new employees and identify and possibly deliver training.
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
Please apply now by sending your updated CV to email@example.com, mentioning the job title “Logistics & Distribution Manager” in the email subject.