What better weekend activity than to whip up an amazing batch of fresh, oven-baked cookies? If you’re tired of chocolate chip cookies, give this alternative cookie classic a try.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Order now from the Breadfast app
1 cup softened butter
½ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
2 ½ cups Breadfast All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ – 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, depending on preference
½ – 1 cup white chocolate chips, depending on preference
- Preheat oven to 175° C
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- Add the 2 eggs in one at a time, making sure that all the ingredients are well combined, then add the vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture a half cup at a time, stirring constantly.
Pro tip* if the batter feels too thick, beat in one additional egg.
- Fold in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Roll the cookie dough into 1.5 inch balls and place onto ungreased foil or wax paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a soft, chewy center, or 15 minutes if you enjoy the toasted, crunchier taste!